Sunday, November 11, 2012

Hostess Monday and Christmas Treat Bag Tutorial!

Hello!  I am the Hostess for Digital Delight this Monday!
 
For this week's hostess Monday, I am doing a tutorial on a Christmas Treat Bag!  I hope you like it!
 
 
Supplies Needed:
8 1/2" x 11" Sheet Colored Cardstock
Cardstock scraps for front of box
Edge Punch
Cropadile
Scorer
Scissors
Roll of Sticky Strip Adhesive
Stamps
Ribbon
Joyful Jamie (colored)
 
Magical winter sentiments

 
Step-by-Step Directions:
Step 1
Position cardstock lengthwise. Using scoring bone folder, score cardstock at 2", 5", 7", and 10".

Step 2
Turn cardstock, and score at 2" and 7".

 
 Step 3
Hold cardstock horizontally with the 2" section at the top.
Use scissors to cut off all but one 2" tall section from the top of the cardstock as shown. This will be the flap closure for the box. Make vertical cuts at the bottom to create 1 1/2" tall flaps, and cut off the narrow piece. This will be the bottom of the box. 
 
 
Step 4
Cut the narrow piece at an angle to create tab for adhesive. Apply adhesive strips
Fold scored lines with a bone folder.  Remove top layer of adhesive.
Construct box.  (Add adhesive to all edges of box to adhere flaps
 
 
Step 5
Punch edge of front flap.
Pinch top sides of boxes and bend only top of box to form top of box.
 
 
Step 6
Punch two holes in flap with cropadile through all box layers (or any hole punch)
(I punched a little off even with premarking where to put my holes, but it still looks great when it is all done)

 
Step 7
Thread ribbon through holes on box. Center ribbon. Tie in a knot

Step 8
Decorate front of box with scrap cardstocks and or image of your choice (I used Digital Delights Joyful Jamie for the front  of my  treatbox along with the Magical Christmas Sentiments.  She was colored and shaded with my copics!  I just love coloring her and have used her many times so far for my projects!)
I also used the corner rounder for my corners of my box
 
 
Enjoy filling and giving!
Hugs
Denise



5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous sweets bag dearest Denise^_^
    Adorable image^_^
    Hugs,
    SOnia

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable Denise, thanks for creating this great tutorial. It ha so many uses :)
    Hugs
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. great tutorial and beautiful made Denise.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very Very Pretty...Great tutorial. joann sassy raggedy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Denise great tutorial I'm going to try it thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete